Welcome to SFWP's Submittable page. Below, you will find options to:
- Submit to the SFWP Quarterly, our online journal. Find the current issue right here.
- Submit to the 2022 Literary Awards Program, judged by Deesha Philyaw.
- Publishing submissions are closed until 2023.
This is the form for all book review and interview submissions to The SFWP Quarterly, edited by Managing Editor Monica Prince.
We're most interested in books published by independent and/or small presses that have been published within the last five years. Reviews of books by writers with intersecting marginalized identities (writers of color, writers of the LGBTQ++ community, writers with disabilities, writers who are undocumented, Indigenous writers, veterans, etc.) are in high demand. Reviews of books from all genres (poetry, speculative literature, science fiction, experimental literature, memoir, fiction, creative nonfiction, etc.) are also accepted.
Multiple entries are accepted. We're looking for a word count of 600 - 1,000 words. Rolling deadlines.
When you submit your work for consideration, you should:
- Let us know if the piece has been published elsewhere, including online (previously published work is OK — just let us know, please).
- Include a short third-person author biography (50-75 words), including publishing credits.
- If the book review is unsolicited, then please include details on the book - publisher, synopsis, and any relevant links to the author's blog/website or the publisher, if applicable.
Interviews should follow the same guidelines, including both interviewer and author bios in the text of the document.